More thoughts from the great Dr. Jen Gunter …
I’m sick of people forgetting the poor vulva and referring to everything in the female lower reproductive tract as vagina.
To help people sort it out I have created this Venn diagram.
There are many reason to know the difference.
- Knowing your own personal anatomy is empowering.
- If you have a partner you want them to know your anatomy. If they think it’s all about the vagina you may need a different partner. After all, the vulva has the clitoris.
- If you tell your doctor that your vagina itches when it is really your vulva (or vice versa) you may end up with the wrong diagnosis.
- No one confuses male anatomy, when people say penis they don’t really mean the testicles.
- Female anatomy shouldn’t be reduced to annoying euphemisms. Yes, va-jay-jay is horrible, but vagina as a catch all means it doesn’t matter enough to get it right or that…
View original post 37 more words