I’m finally getting around to those two Liebster awards I was nominated for. When I got the first one from A Girl Named Wanda I thought it was the lobster award. That’s how my brain read that anyway. So, I thought, wow, somehow I’m going to get a lobster in the mail and as I read more I discovered I was only seeing what I wanted to see.
Thank you Wanda even if it wasn’t quite the nom I was imagining and salivating over!
The other blogger who nominated me was Jenna of Put A Date on It!
Thank you Jenna … but you were going to be one of the people I nominated for the Liebster award and well, now I have one less person to choose from! Thanks a lot! 😉
What the heck is the Liebster award and why me?!
Basically Liebster translates to dearest, beloved or favorite in German … not lobster. The word Lobster in German is hummer … hmmm … that’s interesting. The Liebster is an award with no judges and one can merely accept or not accept. The award encourages new bloggers to get to know each other and keep writing … it’s also sort of like a chain-letter, not to be confused with a pyramid scheme though!
Apparently there are several sets of rules with this award, so I’ll make a hybrid of my own, since I’m both flexible and incorrigible like that. There is also an honorary Liebster award with no strings attached by simply accepting and not having to do the homework … I mean, answer questions.
Here are the rules for this award:
Upon receipt of the award one is to:
- Link back to the blogger who gave it.
- Paste the award on the blog.
- Choose 5 blogs to pass this award to (they must have fewer than 200 followers).
- Let the recipients know about their nomination by leaving a comment on their blogs.
- Answer & create 11 questions.
So … to pay-it-forward the blogs I have chosen to award the Leibster are:
Bloomin’ Uterus (because she puts out informative stuff about endometriosis)
The Reluctant Cat Lady (because a cat is involved sometimes and she’s inspirational)
Classy Cat in Columbus (because the cat photos are beautiful, as well as all the others photos too)
The Broken Ovary (because the humor and writing are worth reading — PLEASE WRITE MORE!)
Raves & Rants (because some of her rants are really good … who doesn’t rant from time to time?!)
Due to being nominated by two people I’m answering a hybrid of their questions.
1) Cat or dog person, and why? Cat person, duh. If you read my blog at all you’ll see that I ❤ cats. While I could have imagined my life without a uterus, I can never imagine my life without cats.
- soft, very soft fur
- cute, cute faces
- easy to pick up and carry around
- love their meowing voices
- they are relatively low maintenance
- hearing them purr makes me smile
- obviously I like to be the needy one in the relationship
2) Name three things that inspire your writings or pictures. My personal experiences, a general sense of humor, and a desire to share information.
3) Why do you blog? I blog because I love to write whether it be letters, responses on other websites or email. I need an outlet for all these over-flowing words from my brain. I blog in the hopes that sharing my experience will help others … even if only in some tiny way … and possibly in ways I hadn’t even intended!
4) What can always make you smile? My little cat kneading and suckling on a blanket. There’s no way I can frown or scowl through that!
5) How did you come back from a low point in your life? I read as many books on the subject as possible, I scoured the internet for all the information I could find, I cried my heart out until I could cry no more, I started an online support group, saw a therapist and talked to anyone who I trusted that would listen non-judgmentally and offer genuine emotional support.
6) What is that one quality you look for most in a friend? Loyalty.
7) Give one word to describe your blog. Descriptive.
8) How did you start with blogging? I initially wanted to write about a more controversial subject but decided utility was more important. I wanted to share my experience since I couldn’t find anyone describing it like I wanted to learn about it — I became that person.
9) Worst habit? So embarrassed to admit this, but picking my lips. Sometimes I’ve been able to go months without doing this and then I just break, get bored or nervous and I’ve got to pick. I try to get up and put chapstick on so I won’t do this. Ugh, hate this habit.
10) Recently discovered new food interest. OMG — Vietnamese crepes! Why didn’t anyone tell me these were so damn good! I want one now.
11) What do you think you’ll be doing a year from now? I really, really, really don’t know. I may start another blog in addition to this one. I simply imagine status quo … steady life, steady work and loving my cats every day.
If any of those nominated choose not to participate I completely understand. But if a choice is made to accept the award please answer the eleven questions above (you can create some of your own if you simply can’t answer all of the ones above).
And I have to send out BIG thank-yous to everyone who subscribes to (follows) my blog in this short time period of five months! I also thank so many of you who are reading this from around the globe.
❤ Hugs … Elizabetcetera